Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Interview with Liz Black, fashion designer


1) What is your inspiration?
Each season, I am inspired by different things. My first season was about art and photography and the following season, architecture was the main focus. My latest collection, AW 12/13, was inspired initially by the Olympic spirit of London and the atmosphere of the whole city. As a result I looked at Superheroines for their strength and sporty look.

2) What was it like working with Lady Gaga? Where did that inspiration come from?
It was an amazing feeling to see Lady Gaga wearing the iconic circle bow dress! I always had her in the back of my mind when I was designing it. Her stylist spotted it and we have been collaborating since. The inspiration for the dress came from artists, Sophia Delaunay, an Orphist painter who did a lot of work with circular forms.

3) What other celebrities have you worked with? What was it like?
I am very lucky, some great celebrities, including Amber Le Bon and Noemie Lenoir, have worn my collections. My garments have walked down the red carpet at The Brits, The Grammys and Cannes Film Festival. It's great to see my hard work recognised and -most importantly- that people like it!

4) What is in store for the future?
I am working towards developing my label into a high-end luxury brand and will continue to exhibit during London and Paris Fashion Week, with hopes to show in New York in the future. I am always willing to be involved in collaborations as well.

 
5) What item might you begin donating to breast cancer and how did you decide to do so?
We have designed a luxury, pink garment and will donate a percentage of the profit to breast cancer. Every year we collaborate with a charity, last year we raised money the help victims of the 2011 Japan earthquake and most recently, we’ve also done work with Chamos de Venezuela, a charity that helps deprived children in Venezuela.

To check out more on Liz Black, take a look at her website.


Jennifer Novoseletsky 

No comments: