Saturday, June 8, 2013

Teaser For July’s Magazine Issue Starring Lush Cosmetic!


Lush is a fresh handmade cosmetic line that does not conduct animal testing, uses only vegetarian ingredients, and their products are from fresh organic fruit and vegetables, etc. Lush’s handmade cosmetics range from bathing products to makeup and even perfumes.
When I began talking to Lush’s public relations team I was very excited for their products to be starred in our July issue.  One of the products I was given was the liquid red lipstick called Ambition.



The color alone is a gorgeous bold red and right away I knew this is the product I wanted to showcase as a teaser before July’s issue. Lush’s lipsticks have jojoba oil, rose wax and candelilla wax base, which I found out, soften dry lips. Not only that but I found out that the lipstick can be used as a blush also, amazing right?  Just a simple dab on your fingers and rub it in!
I called up a few friends and together we had out own little photo-shoot! Katherine McFarland is the talented photographer and the gorgeous model is Erin Peters.




Since the color is so vibrant I knew I wanted to keep the eyes simple by using an off white eye shadow and black eyeliner as the cat eye. Instead of using lip liner I traced her lips with an eyeliner brush to keep the lipstick in place. This look is so gorgeous and simple I strongly recommend this product to anyone! This look is for any age and is perfect for this summer.


Start the weekend off right and try this look tonight! Tell me what you think of the trend and of course any questions I will be glad to answer!

Denise Ferguson
Beauty Editor

No comments: